Saturday 13 October 2012

NaNoWriMo.

Ah, November is next month, which means National November Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo for short. Don't know what that is? Simply put, you write 50, 000 words in the month of November. Sound easy? Haha, not so much.

The farthest I've gotten was 15k. Not super impressive. Heck, I haven't even reached 50k with anything. The most I've accomplished is a mere 25k. Is this time gonna be different? Gosh, I sure hope so. But the thing is, I know that I won't reach 50k. I'm probably gonna start working again in November (IF I get the job I applied for), which would keep me busy a few nights a week. And then there's school, that hellish place you're forced to attend five out of seven days. But who knows? Maybe I will reach 50k. Or not.

Now, you're probably wondering what I'll be writing. Okay, maybe you're not wondering, but I'm going to tell you anyway.

I'm gonna work on this novel called Frost, which is first in a trilogy. The following titles are called Bite and Hunt. I don't have a proper pitch for it quite yet, but when I come up with one, I'll be sure to share it. It's a story about wolves, but not of the were variety. The main character, Harlow, discovers that she's really a wolf who was cursed into human form (see? not a werewolf), and has to readjust to wolf life and hunt down the person who cursed her, and find out why she was cursed in the first place.

I'm actually really excited about this. The idea has been in my head for a while, so I'm pretty pumped to start writing it soon.

Oh, and here's the pretty cover, made by the wonderful Mishy. Beautiful, I know.


0 comments:

Post a Comment