Thursday 6 September 2012

The Importance of Balance

Psh, I can handle soccer Tuesdays and Thursdays, homework and chores, guitar lessons on Wednesdays, as well as swim meets early in the morning. And oh, I can still attend church and socialize. I won't get stressed out or anything.

Haha, 'won't get stressed out or anything?' Nice try, buddy. I've learned the hard way that it's extremely, EXTREMELY important to have balance in your life. I'm a writer, I'm a reader, I have school to attend and grades to maintain. I have chores to fulfill, a part time job, and piano lessons every Thursday, as well as a script to memorize. I get stressed out very easily, over the tiniest things.

I have to tell myself that school, chores, and my job come before writing (even though, in a way, writing is my job). My grades are super important, and if I fail - well, I can kiss all possible scholarships goodbye. And now that I'm in high school* things will be even more difficult than they were the past few years.

Even though it's only the beginning of the year, I make sure that I focus on the most important things first, but still manage to fulfill the lesser important things. It's good to have a balance of work, fun, and physical activity, as well as any other factors that are important to you.

And stress - well, don't take more than you can eat. I've also learned that the hard way, and look at me, I ended up on medication.


0 comments:

Post a Comment