Thursday 12 July 2012

Writing, Writing, Writing

Some people think it's easy to write a novel.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Easy? I wish. I've been writing for two years now, and have I completed a novel yet? Nope. I am working on it, though the highest word count I've ever reached is 25k. I currently have multiple books that I am working on, and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to finish at least one by the end of this year.

Novels I Am Working On:



  • Hollow: One of my favourite (favouritism. Sue me) novels. It's a paranormal, involving a soul sucking tree (appealing, I know), a bunch of family issues, a seventeen year old girl who deals with too many drastic scenarios, and a few tragic deaths here and there. 
  • Essence: A fantasy/sci-fi/dystopia/paranormal with angels and demons. The main character, Rosetta; is she an angel, is she a demon? She's an Essence. What's an Essence you ask? Someone who is both angel and demon. Very powerful creatures. Not necessarily a positive thing.
  • Tearing Through The Light: Book one of the Pacific Trilogy, inspired by two songs: Father Sky and Consider The Sea, both by my favourite band, VersaEmerge. This interesting novel involves a girl who can control oceans, a ghost that wants revenge, and two vultures.
  • Redemption: A dystopia that takes place in New York. The year is 2093, and the government is in the process of turning the place into a utopia. Well, the main character, Carmen, has been a very bad girl (murdering is not a good thing, folks, nor is lying). In order to live, she has to redeem herself. Otherwise, she'll end up being executed, just like her family. 
  • Frost: An adventure novel about a girl and a wolf. And guess what? It's not a werewolf! Hooray for regular old wolves!
  • Falling: A novel in verse. My first time taking on general fiction. One of the characters, Celeste, is what you would call the perfect girl; pretty, popular, friendly, and all that jazz. Secretly she's an extremely depressed cutter, abused by her drunken father. Thoughts of suicide have crossed her mind before, but will Alex be able to save her?
Those are all of my current projects. If you're interested in reading any of them, Falling is up on Figment (username: Kristin), and Hollow and Essence are up on Wattpad (username: PaperHeart34). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment