Saturday 27 October 2012

"172 Hours on the Moon" Review


172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad is an absolutely brilliant and addicting book. I've always been interested in space and astronomy, so it's no surprise I checked out this book from the library. Boy, am I glad I did. Throughout the story, the intensity and conflict just kept building up, page after page. After the first hundred pages, I already felt like I knew the three protagonists - Mia, Midori, and Antoine. You get to know the characters and their pasts, and why they're happy they have the opportunity to go to the moon. But like any good story, something bad happens, sparking the conflict. While the three teens are on the moon with five other, professional astronauts, many things go wrong; two astronauts get trapped and can't escape, their ship is destroyed, and several other things. The whole thing is a scary situation for the characters, and they aren't even sure that they'll make it out alive. The ending was amazing as well as heartbreaking, and totally unexpected. Even by the end of the novel, the conflict is still not completely resolved; it makes you wonder, what's going to happen now? Will there be a sequel? I would definitely recommend this book to any creepy fiction lovers, sci-fi lovers, or space lovers.


0 comments:

Post a Comment